St Mirren FC have called six places home over the years. All have played a part in developing the club and the community around it. Two of the grounds have also played host to International football.
Follow the links below to learn more about all the places Saints have called home and some of the major events that have taken place there.
Saints first home was the ground of St Mirren Cricket Club and saw it's first football match on the 6th October 1877 when Johnstone Britannia were defeated 1-0 with John Goold scoring St Mirren's first ever goal.
Not much is known about Abingdon Park and Saints were to play here for just one season. It is believed that there were only around four matches played on the ground.
The first game was against Glasgow club Regent FC on the 21st September 1878.
Saints third home in three years was again, also the home of a cricket club, with Paisley Thistle CC playing on the same field. The first football match was played on the 6th September 1879 with John Elder FC from Govan providing the opposition, and taking the honours, defeating Saints 2-0. Thistle Park saw Saints compete in their first National competition when they played Johnstone Athletic in the Scottish Cup on the 4th September 1880. The match ended in a great 3-0 win for saints.
In total Saints played six competitive matches (all Scottish Cup) at Thistle Park, winning 5 and losing just once. They scored 21 times and conceded 8.
After four years at Thistle Park, Saints were on the move again, this time to Westmarch. The ground was very close to Thistle Park on Greenhill Road and also near to the location of the current St Mirren Park. The first match played at Westmarch was on the 25th August 1883 when the, then, mighty Queens Park came calling and were sent home with a 2-1 defeat.
Over the 11 seasons at Westmarch Saints played in 54 competitive matches, including the newly formed Scottish League Championship which started in 1890. They won 28, lost 20 and drew six of the matches, scoring 159 times and conceding 114. The final two matches played at Westmarch produced an amazing 23 goals!!
On the 17th February 1894 Dundee left on the back of a 10-3 defeat in the leaue and a few weeks later the final match was against Abercorn in the final of the Paisley Charity Cup and saw Saints cruise home 10-0.
St Mirren Park (Love Street)
On 8th September 1894 Celtic were the visitors for the opening match at St Mirrens new home on Love Street. The Glasgow giants showed no generosity to the occasion and left with a 3-0 victory. For the next 115 years St Mirren Park remained the home of St Mirren FC.
More commonly known as Love Street, it was the spiritual home of the club and it was with much emotion, that in 2009 Saints played their final match at the old ground. Love Street will always have a deep rooted place in the history of the club.
Find out more about Love Street by clicking the hover box below.
After 115 years at their previous home, the beginning of 2009 saw St Mirren move to their present home on Greenhill Road in the town. This move took them back to an area that played a big part in their history with both Thistle Park and Westmarch being in close proximity to the new ground.
The ground was named St Mirren Park, however many reports in the press have incorrectly called it NEW St Mirren Park. The first game at the ground was on the 31st January 2009 when Saints and Kilmarnock played out a 1-1 draw.
Find out more about St Mirren Park by clicking the hover box above.